Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Stressssssed. A lot. About Art.

Blog about art. Art. I should be making art, not blogging about it at this point. But alas, this blog is an assignment and I don't have any motivation at this moment to make art - so BLOGGING about art it is.

The reason I desperately NEED to do art more than ever right now, instead of this blog, is because it has just come to my attention that many of my pieces that I had planned on using in my breadth portfolio for the AP exam cannot actually be used, because they are photography, and I'm doing a drawing portfolio, because my self-portrait concentration portfolio is all drawing. So what exactly does this mean??  - I have around ten freaking projects that I need to whip out by May 6th. ONE Month, to do ten projects. I'm typically barely able to produce three decent projects in one month (as I often find myself lacking in motivation/inspiration). I hate myself. I've definitely found myself under a bit..er, um, a LOT of  pressure (At least some of my previous projects done under pressure have turned out to be some of my strongest pieces). 

I'm stressed out. It may not show at this point - as I'm trying to approach it with a calm attitude - buuut, I am still incredibly stressed. Probably almost as much as Martin is. (She may be just a bit more stressed about my portfolio than I even am, jeeze, have a lil faith in me?) 

Anyway, 
Project Ideas???????????? Please :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow. No offense but I am glad i am not you right now. I would never be able to do it. especially with all the awards ceremonies and graduation coming up. Good luck! I am sure you will finish. Anyway who cares if you slack off in other classes. i mean it is second semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you are in quite the pickle Bre! But hey im the same way when it comes down to the last minute.. The best stuff ive ever had to do either art related or other classes came from me being on a tight deadline or due to me procrastinating.. so keep ya chin up and buckle down, im 100% positive you will bust out some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stress like crazy, even when I shouldn't. I know the feeling but Bre you're very talented and you'll be just fine. I know hearing that is not the best to hear sometimes because even though you know it is true it doesn't really help, but just breathe and try and make yourself excited for it instead!

    ReplyDelete